Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
This is an opportunity to join a globally expanding company focused on the growing demand for energy conservation by assisting in managing the financial activities impacting executive decisions. It's not often that an opportunity to truly add to the bottom line of a globally recognized and respected company comes along. This is a chance to expand and advance your financial knowledge directly effecting the growth and direction of a global leader in the smart grid industry affecting one of hottest topics today's energy.
My client has an opening for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. This individual will be responsible to: manage, prepare, administer, and direct the control of the budget; manage the activities of the financial analyst staff; review and approve recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team; monitor division and department adherence to approved budget; select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial aspects of the annual strategic plan, monthly forecasts and the annual budget process.
- Responsible for analysis of capital projects and financial analysis related to other special projects (i.e. cost analysis, profitability analysis, pricing analysis, pro-forma income statements, present and future value, risk assessment, and other ad hoc calculations and analysis of interest to senior management).
- Plan and support broad financial analysis assignments, with responsibility for determining appropriate financial models and analytical methodology.
- Development, preparation, and presentation of both short and long-range financial budgets/forecasts, including a focus on capital allocation decisions.
- Preparation of reports that will be provided to the board of Directors and management teams.
- Coordinate with finance staff, regional management and business unit management to standardize and improve performance measures and analytical methods, to ensure integrity of information, and to ensure the use of performance measures that are consistent and meaningful to senior management.
Experience: 5 to 7 years experience in a similar role performing the duties described above. Data mining is a key function, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience. Graduate degree (MBA) preferred.
Travel: 10% - 15%