The position of SharePoint Administrator will be responsible for providing application support; managing projects, service, and change requests; and the planning, implementing, and deployment of changes and upgrades to the SharePoint platform as well as other specific internal off the shelf or custom applications.
• Serve as an application administrator, configurator, developer, and business analyst for SharePoint 2010 platform and related third-party tools.
• Engages with business stakeholders and subject matter experts related to business needs, governance, and user adoption.
• Manage project, service, and change requests
• Apply industry best practices whenever possible and develop new best practices when appropriate.
• Manage application performance, availability, backups and data retention
• Identify and troubleshoots issues and problems for SharePoint and related third-party solutions.
• Provide end-user support for all SharePoint-related issues.
• Create and maintain policies, procedures, and governance for the proper use of SharePoint
• Create and maintain process and training materials, provide training to users and content managers as needed
• Create and maintain site and portal templates for consistency and business needs
• Administration of security groups, accounts, usage and resource metrics
• Work with site collection administrators to develop and maintain site templates, business processes, and document management
• Engage with database administrator to maintain health of SharePoint SQL databases and best practices
• Maintain and implement new reporting services, performance point, powerpivot, and BDC reports
• Design and development of web parts and solutions as needed by project and service requirements
• Evaluate and recommend new third-party tools when appropriate. Determine time estimates for development and when to seek third-party solutionsSupport for iPad, Droid, and other mobile devices with the SharePoint platform