Senior Applications Engineer / Developer (J2EE) (closed)
Do you want to join one of the most successful software companies in the world?
Are you interested in using the latest technology, tools and architecture to develop leading edge solutions?
Do you want to build your career as part of a world wide network of gifted technical professionals?
Oracle is recruiting Senior Engineers in Dublin. Join the team and help us develop our next generation of applications!
Oracle Corporation is looking for a Senior Applications Engineer to join a dynamic team and develop leading-edge solutions and services within the CRM area.
As a Senior Applications Engineer with Oracle you will develop best-of-breed applications using the latest tools, technology and architecture. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and delivering product, written using the latest technologies including: J2EE, SOA, Web Services, ADF and JSF all while leveraging the latest Oracle technology & tools.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in developing large-scale enterprise applications, and have a structured approach to development.
Key tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Estimation, design and development of complex applications using J2EE, service oriented, and web service architectures
- Fill technical lead role in the delivery of complex applications
- Development of user interfaces using ADF technologies
- Development of business processes using ADF, BPEL and EJB technologies
- Maintenance, support and integration of new and existing applications
- Database design
- Contributing to the definition of team goals and objectives
- Work to agile methodology across global team
- Providing guidance and direction to junior staff
Qualifications / experience:
Although not definitive, the ideal candidate will typically have the following:
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5 years+ experience in a software engineering role
- Expert knowledge of Java; EJB and J2EE Technologies including J2EE design patterns
- Must have taken part in designing and developing at least three substantial pieces of software, on time and to a high degree of quality
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Strong RDBMS/SQL knowledge
The ideal candidate would also have experience with the following:
- Service-Oriented Architectures
- SCRUM / XP (or other Agile) development experience
- Web Services
- OO Analysis & Design
- JSF, JSPs, Servlets, Struts, HTML
- Oracle technologies including ADF
- Weblogic & Oracle Application Servers
- Process Orchestration (BPEL)
- Development on Windows/UNIX/Linux platforms
- Java Certification
- JDeveloper / Eclipse IDE experience
- Clear Case / CVS / SVN / experience
Although not definitive, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Self driven and self motivated
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Results orientated, an ability to manage multiple priorities is also expected
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- The ability to influence with well developed persuasive arguments
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadline requirements complimenting a proactive and flexible approach with a resilient and results - orientated nature
- Possessing exceptional interpersonal and communication
- Fluent in English
Due to the dynamic nature of the business the details of this job description may evolve and change with time