Cancer Data Coordinator
1. Knowledge of medical records/data management normally acquired by completing three years of
college with a science focus. Registered Record Administrator (R.R.A.) or L.P.N. preferred.
2. Knowledge of Cancer Registry normally acquired by four years of on-the-job experience in addition to
the educational level above. Must be certified Tumor Registrar (C.T.R.) or C.T.R. eligible.
3. Knowledge of computers normally acquired by several varied computer courses or two years
experience with spreadsheet and database software. Strong computer skills are required.
4. Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to implement new systems, and keep several projects
going at one time.
5. Expertise to maintain the Cancer Registry as current and accurate, acting independently. The Registry is
key to an ASC-accredited cancer program for the hospital. This attracts cancer patients to us for treatment,
and affects our ability to contract with managed care companies, to participate in research programs, and
to attract outside funds.
6. Interpersonal skills to interact with physicians, hospital employees, and outsiders in analyzing and
explaining reports, providing information, and coordinating meetings.
MNST Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Department Health Information Management Location
Mount Auburn Hospital - Cambridge, MA Grade 17 Hours Required 40hrs., M-F, 8am-4:30pm Shift Day
for mor info Contact me: email@example.com