Market Research Inside Sales Associate
The NPD Group, founded in 1966, is the leading global provider of consumer and retail market research information for a wide range of industries. We provide critical consumer behavior and point-of-sale (POS) information and industry expertise across more industries than any other market research company.
NPD’s Corporate Sales team is looking for a highly motivated Inside Sales Associate to join the team in support of lead generation and management initiatives. This individual will be responsible providing follow-up, pre-qualification, and assignment for all inbound inquiries. This includes all inbound inquiries stemming from NPD.com and the company’s toll free numbers, and applies to all US, Canada & European business units. The Sales Associate will also assist in cold calling projects and implementing NPD’s Lead Management best practices.
This is a full-time position located in NPD’s Port Washington, NY office.
• Respond to web-based and telephone inquiries regarding NPD’s products and services in a timely fashion.
• Assign inquiries to company Sales Representative or Business Unit, as appropriate.
• Maintain and update the Lead Management handbook that includes assignment guidelines for all Business units, pricing structure and information on all products and services
• Become an expert on the Salesforce Lead system, assist in implementing NPD’s best practices and BU training on the Lead Management Process.
• Provide accurate and complete reports, as required, on a timely basis.
• Assist in cold calling projects for all NPD business units, thru pre-qualification & identifying prospective clients, lead assignment create and/or update records in Salesforce when appropriate.
• Develop a strong understanding of all NPD’s products and services.
• Become an expert in all NPD’s cold calling/selling techniques.
• Responsible for attaining the team’s quarterly Lead Development objectives (includes lead response, lead conversion and cold calling meetings)
• 1-3 years of inside sales experience required
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Strong presentation and customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to speak to people on all levels.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
• Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Highly motivated team player with a positive attitude.
• Must be target-driven, enthusiastic, well-organized hard-working and confident.
• Ability to speak to people on all levels, along with a tremendous amount of discipline and initiative.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please use the link below to apply directly through our website: