- As part of the Human Resource Leadership Team, this position works collaboratively with the VP and Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO), HR Business Partners and HR Geography teams. Position provides strategic leadership, direction, development and coordination of global human resources initiatives within the Global Reward areas of Compensation & Benefits and HRIS.
· Responsible for overseeing the design, develop and interpreting corporate-wide global programs, policies, strategies, tools and processes for use by global HR team
· Responsible for Executive Compensation and Board of Director interaction in collaboration with the VP & CHRO.
· Model and monitor the effectiveness of HR programs at meeting underlying business requirements
· Educate/train HR Business Partners and HR Geography in key HR disciplines as necessary
· Define, drive, measure and is accountable for improving HR?s value to the business
· Proactively support the HR strategy and influence key stakeholders to do the same
· Proactively manages, or oversees, the financial aspects of the HR budget and projects with areas of responsibility to ensure they are economically sound, internally equitable and externally competitive.
· Serves as a key partner with corporate accounting in the budgeting process to include development of projections, accrual rates and other metrics.
· Adds value by developing, recommending and/or reviewing proposed objectives and measures to ensure maximum program effectiveness and team member engagement.
· Responsible for ensuring all initiatives support the local legal requirements of the locations for which the systems will be used.
· Responsible for overseeing the continued development, coordination, communication and enforcement of standardized programs.
· Ensure all regional and local HR personnel have the training and education required to adequately support projects/programs.
· Responsible for managing vendor performance and relationships to ensure all performance commitments are satisfied and that the company is receiving a high level of customer service.
· In conjunction with the Human Resource Team, responsible for the development and implementation of metrics for programs that provide clarity of trending, manages the expectation of future cost changes and develops alternative program strategies to help offset future cost increases.
· Responsible for the management, mentorship, and growth of all HR employees within their span of control.
· Adhere to the company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards
· Bachelor's Degree in a business discipline, Advanced degree preferred
· 10-15 years experience in compensation and progressive HR roles that include exposure to the following areas: human resource information systems, benefits, compensation, communications and planning.
· High level of analytical skills
· Must have experience with executive compensation and working with executives as well as Board of Directors
Education or Experience
· Global people leadership experience
· International exposure to multiple countries
· Previous Lean or Six Sigma or other continuous improvement experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work collaboratively across multiple businesses
· Ability to communicate verbally and written effectively, clearly and concisely across all levels in the organization
· Must be a solutions focused and be able to work independently
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex data
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
· Ability to deal fairly and calmly with issues requiring conflict resolution
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Internet and E-mail
· Strong knowledge of global HR Processes and Policies
· Experience working with a global HRIS system - Oracle preferred
· Analytical skills
· Ability to effectively lead cross functional teams
· Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Our client is one of the world's leading diversified industrial services companies, serving key industries that play a fundamental role in worldwide economic growth and development. These include infrastructure, non-residential construction, and industrial maintenance; metals and minerals; railways; and energy. They offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health/vision/dental insurance, 401k match, Flexible Spending Accounts, long term disability, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.