Web Analyst Operations Director (closed)
Digital Media Company
Web Analytics / Operations Director
New York, NY – Permanent
Claudia 646-213-0217 or Claudia.firstname.lastname@example.org
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Director of Website Analytics/Content is responsible for establishing and implementing the traffic and analytics direction and operationalizing the creative vision and voice on the XDuce’s Client web site/s under the direction of the VP, Web Content and Operations. He or she will directly manage the team responsible for implementing news, artist and show-centric content initiatives on the site, plus work closely with editorial counterparts, to oversee the creation of original, genre-centric projects, ensuring all team members and projects work to meet the Web sites’ growth and engagement goals.
MUST be hands on across all below.
MUST be STRONG with Omniture-Strong Web Analytics-tying together the whole picture
Create and strategize for technology and product
Initial roles will be to develop robust, best-in-breed consumer content experiences for the brand with the goals of appropriately extending the brand experience beyond TV, developing a unique content proposition online and creating synergy between those two types of experiences. Focus on growing audience and engagement on the site, streamlining operations of site production.
VP Web Content and Operations
Key Non-Reporting Relationships:
Key contact Description/Purpose
1. Social Media Distribution Manager
2. Director of Editorial Partnerships and Strategy
3. Web Content Managers
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Extensive familiarity and hands on experience with content management system development, implementation and daily management.
- Strong understanding of SEO as it pertains to content
- Strength in creating and presenting audience-centric content.
- Highly creative (skilled writer/editor/producer); focused on developing audience unique content experiences that complement and enhance the overall brand mission and experience.
- Able to balance multiple content initiatives and (sometimes) competing business objectives -- with a data-driven mindset -- while upholding the overall vision of the site.
- Highly skilled at managing the time and work of internal and external writers, editors and other content creators. Ability to effectively direct the work -- and affect the vision and perspective -- of producers, contributors and stakeholders who are not immediate/direct reports.
Number of employees reporting directly to this position 0
Number of employees reporting indirectly to this position 0
- Oversees all operational aspects of content publishing on XDuce’s Client’s web site/s.
- Manages homepage programming and other high-level promotional inventory and experiences
- Manages Producers and/or Executive Producers who create show- and network-centric sites/packages/experiences
- Bachelors degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
- 10+ years experience in online/interactive media or equivalent
- 3-5 years leadership/people management experience
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Omniture), online content management and publishing systems
- Stays current with latest technology and software applications to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations.
- Video programming/production/development experience a plus
- Eye for visual language, content packaging