Welcome Screen Asociate Editor for AOL
AOL is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player to join the team. A successful candidate will be able to work with channel editors, write headlines, optimize web traffic, promote AOL content across social media platforms and grow the already well-established community.
Ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Be knowledgeable about an array of subjects
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to respond to news as it happens
- Be able to spot a hot-button story or a viral video from a mile away
- Have superior news judgment and writing skills and be able to condense large amounts of information into engaging and intriguing promos. Be able to identify the best photo to accompany a story
- Have excellent organizational skills, be meticulous about details and be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously without feeling overwhelmed
- 2+ years of work experience needed! (including some in an online setting)
- Knowledge of CMS, Photoshop and basic HTML is a plus
- Must be willing to work weekends as needed.
PREFER LOCAL CANDIDATES WITHIN THE TRI-STATE AREA.