Senior Project Manager - Healthcare - Chicago (closed)
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for managing independent multiple projects, or projects within program/s. The candidate is responsible for creating detailed project plan, monitor, and update. In addition, the candidate will directly involve in planning, analysis, design and related activities to ensure success of project/s.
· Manages multiple projects, participate in team members formal assessments.
· Creates, monitors, and updates a detailed project plan. Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project, including recruitment / assignment of personnel
· Provide management and strategic direction to a team and is responsible for the project development, budget and schedule. Establish goals, negotiates project commitments and develops project plans.
· Review and approve the project scope definition. Coordinate development and approval of the business and technical requirements documents
· Coordinates the formulation and definition of technical scope and objectives in collaboration with technical subject matter experts.
· Manages the resolution of issues that may not have an established precedence
· Represent the company with contractors, suppliers, customers, departments, and other parties as required.
· Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget. Adjust the project plan, activities, and schedule as required.
· Monitor, measure, and report on project progress to management and clients.
· Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in IT with IT project management experience
· PMP Certification
· At least 5 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project mgmt. approach, mgmt. plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
· At least 5 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels
· Experience in managing a project budget between $1MM and $5MM.
· Strong Knowledge of project management and software methodologies such as waterfall, agile methodologies, Prince, and PMI.Technical Skills
· Advanced level skill with Microsoft Office 2003 or later including Excel (for example: using multiple sheets and workbooks, logical Operators (for example: "AND" and "OR"), creating charts, and pivot tables), Word (for example: creating a mail merge, creating labels, adding form fields, hiding text, recording and running macros, adding tables of contents, inserting footnotes and endnotes, working with XML, and linking to Excel worksheets) and PowerPoint (for example: creating and modifying tables, working with graphs and charts, rearranging slides, adding and modifying slide backgrounds, creating a custom design template, adding transitions).
· Advanced level experience (reorganizing large or complex projects into master and subprojects, optimizing resource assignments across projects, tracking schedules for completeness and budget on complex, connecting project managers, teams and data across the organization) with project management tools, such as MS Project, Proworkflow or Clarity
· Ability to manage your own projects and tasks, and keep several balls in the air at once, multi-tasking
· Solid presentation skills
· Ability to influence coworkers, business, external customers
· Solid judgment and decision-making skills - ability to make difficult business decisions
· Positive, delivery-focused attitude, and high productivity
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience managing projects involving internal & external client relationships & expectations