Sr. SW Engineer - web apps.
Global SW company, headquartered in NYC. Excellent benefits, team based development environment, strong product focus.
Web application developer for social media capabilities to the financial community.
Senior Software Engineers are responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation modification and maintenance of properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business needs.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
• Is accountable for contributions for project team or sub team. May lead project sub team. This may include responsibility for training staff.
• Typically works on one project at a time and as a member of the project team(s) or as part of a specialist cross-project team on multiple developments.
• Minimum 5-8 years of application development experience. Experience must include software architectural and design.
• Complex Web Programming primarily in HTML/HTML 5, Javacript, jSON, CSS, ASP.NET, flash.
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
• Hands on experience with designing scalability solutions and performance and memory improvements in browser applications
• Experience with deployment and support of large-scale production quality applications
• Experience with monitoring/troubleshooting tools such as Perfmon & Event alerting
• Experience in writing Unit test cases.
• Engaged in innovative concepts and programming techniques on how to develop high quality software and still maintaining shorter time to market (e.g. Agile and Extreme Programming (XP))
• Prior experience with Javascrpt ext (Sencha)
• IIS / Web Farming experience a plus
• Financial markets experience a plus
Client prefers candidates in the metro NYC area.
Client will consider H1-b visas with 3+ years remaining.