Senior Project Manager
About the Client:
Client is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With 2011 revenues of over $10 billion, we offer full-spectrum support to industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets. Services include scientific and specialty consulting as well as all aspects of engineering and construction, and operations and maintenance.
Client provides studies, as well as engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) services to the non-ferrous metals and iron & steel industries. Client serve a large array of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial and government clients across multiple markets and geographies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate business development activity for client’s Canadian minerals business, primarily, but not limited to, Vancouver based mining clients. This will include networking and attendance of trade shows and conferences.
- Participate in Global Metals Business Development Network calls, business development activities, and other initiatives.
- Provide input to senior management on which potential junior mining clients are worth pursuing
- In conjunction with senior management, develop strategies, action plans and budgets for the future development of the JMCI business.
- Assist in the development of key mining accounts by coordinating business development activity in order to maximise project win rate of proposals prepared and submitted for tender.
- Lead / assist the initiative to raise the corporate profile of client’s as a significant Canadian minerals player.
- Work with senior management, sales and marketing, and legal / commercial departments to ensure that proposals / contracts are in line with accepted corporate risk profile and business norms.
- Develop and execute project execution strategies using resources of the Canadian minerals group, the wider Client, and third parties as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of Canadian in-house EPCM capability.
- Manage minerals projects to ensure client satisfaction in terms of quality, cost and schedule
- Other duties, responsibilities, and projects as required.
- Combination of technical and/or business degree with a minimum of ten years relevant business and industry experience
- Minerals/metals experience and a successful track record of developing and managing projects as well as business development, including marketing and sales
- Experience developing sound short and long term business development strategies in a changing environment
- The energy and enthusiasm needed to manage and grow a dynamic business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to deliver effective presentations
- Solid contract and negotiation skills and well developed commercial awareness
- Ability to think strategically without losing sight of importance of successful everyday project execution
- A team player who can effectively lead a team comprised of individuals from all levels in Company and who can work effectively in a larger organization.
Client is open about the salary compensation and other benefits.
After reviewing the opportunity, kindly forward me a copy of your resume so that we can talk about the opportunity in detail.