Lead Front-End Architect @TheLadders in #NYC (closed)
TheLadders is seeking a Front-end Architect who combines a passion for technology with the skills and intelligence to make our solutions a reality. This role will be charged with guiding our front-end architecture as we grow and build new products. You will be a decision maker on what frameworks we use, how we build web applications, and ultimately determine what web app development at TheLadders looks like in the future.
We work in a fast-paced, open environment where innovation and participation is encouraged through blogging, custom tool development, hack-a-thons, and other out-of-the-box techniques.
You must be a natural-born problem-solver with exceptional hands-on technical skills. Our current systems are predominantly Java-based, with Spring MVC and YUI and jQuery on the front-end. We've moving to a REST service-based architecture which will be a large factor in our applications future capabilities.
But enough about the current stack – this role is all about leading us into the future, and we are definitely open to change (Backbone, Ember , Less, Sass, Node, Mustache, Handlebars, haml-js, Coffeescript, and Sinatra – among others – come to mind).
We serve a thriving ecosystem of job seekers hoping to discover their next great opportunity, and recruiters and hiring managers seeking the brightest stars in our database for that next great opportunity. Your job will be to help us build highly interactive, visually compelling solutions that will guide our customers to the right opportunities or individuals, and surface and merchandise candidates and careers in the most flattering and authentic light. This is not a job-board development role; this is a chance to create a new product in a category by itself.
And you’ll get to pick your side in the age-old debate - Mac or PC (Linux, of course).
- You will be responsible for determining the strategic and tactical direction of our front-end architecture
- You will contribute to the implementation of our highest profile projects
- You will mentor junior engineers, which may include performing code reviews
- You will collaborate with your team in brainstorming, designing and implementing new solutions
- You will suggest tools, technologies, and best practices to improve our stability, performance and site quality
- You will help us to staff, grow and maintain a world class engineering team
- You have 5+ years of experience in architecting front-end tiers for high volume websites
- You have site performance profiling and code-tuning expertise
- You have knowledge of source control and build systems
- You abide by the “best tool for the job” approach to selecting technologies and languages
- You have shipped large projects working as part of a cohesive team, and you can point to them online
- You are supportive, and able to motivate your peers and yourself to achieve short and long-term goals
- You are contributing to an open source project (hacking up a new app sounds like a great extra-curricular activity)
- You are energized by working in a collaborative environment
Our mission? “The right person for the right job.” We’re in the business of connecting jobseekers, recruiters and employers. We seek out motivated people who will dig deep into the emotional and business drivers of our customers and help them make meaningful connections. Individually and collectively, we solve problems, not with a sense of obligation, but rather responsibility. Everyone is empowered to make the tough decisions which will make our products and services even more valuable to our customers.
We have a casual, collaborative atmosphere in our two SoHo lofts with dedicated “idea” rooms. And we can’t forget to mention the stocked snack room and game room. And UNLIMITED VACATION!
TheLadders has been committed to finding the right person for the right job since 2003. With a unique suite of personalized products and resume services, this career-focused online service helps job seekers connect with employers and recruiters more effectively and efficiently. Given its heritage as the leader in the $100K+ job search, TheLadders is dedicated to the science behind the job search and can help all career-driven professionals of any level find the right jobs. TheLadders.com is headquartered in New York with offices in London. For more information please visit http://careers.theladders.com/.
We are a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth internet company that rewards meritorious performance. We work hard and play hard. We are a results-oriented, goal-driven team with a strong commitment to excellence. We hire the best and the brightest individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, alienage, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition or genetic carrier status, HIV status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. TheLadders.com is an equal opportunity employer.
Email me about your interest. I'll be happy to talk to you about the role of interest and answer all your questions.