Pipeline Environmental Supervisor (closed)
Position: Pipeline Environmental Supervisor
- Knowledge on environmental issues related to the construction of large infrastructure projects in sensitive environments.
- Experience in the construction and operation of large (+400km, +35 inch diameter) pipelines.
- Experience in working in diverse environments, including biologically sensitive, remote, rugged terrains, and high elevation locations.
- Experience in the mitigation and minimization of environmental related impacts during both the construction and operation of large pipeline projects.
- Experience in the development and implementation of state-of-the-art environmental programs to manageenvironmental performance during pipeline construction, such as the implementation of:
- Waste Management Plans
- Erosion Control & Reinstatement Plans
- Hydrostatic Test Water Management Plans
- Pollution Prevention Plans
- Access Management Plans
- Biorestoration Management Plans
- Ecological Management Plans
- Wildlife Management Plans
- Invasive Species Management Plans
- Compliance Monitoring Plans
- Biodiversity Monitoring Plans
- Experience in internationally recognized environmental best practices related to large pipeline construction.
- Experience in the development and implementation of an integrated environmental, community affairs and health & safety management system for both the construction and operation of large infrastructure projects. This shall include project control plans such as:
- Assurance Plans
- Non Conformance & Corrective Action Procedures
- Management of Change Procedures
- Knowledge in ISO certification ready management systems.
- Skilled insupervising activities of field environmental personnel.
- Proven ability to conduct environmental audits for suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of project activities.
- Proven ability to liaise and establish proactive rapport with construction contractors.
- Experienced in investigating environmental incidents; provide reporting and recommend/follow action(s) to completion.
- Competency in reporting environmental performance to senior management.
- Competency is communicating environmental performance to project stakeholders.
- Competency in liaising with project regulators.
Successful Candidate can Demonstrate:
- Self-starter on assigned duties
- Good business acumen, personal ethics, and integrity above reproach
- Minimum 10 years environmental oversight/supervision within Oil and Gas industry
- Fundamental awareness/understanding of pipelines
- Good writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Good management skills, including knowledge of managing large teams, large budgets.
Please forward your updated resume (in MS Word Format) for review.
Due to anticipated volume of applications, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected for interviews will be contacted.