C# Software Engineer
My client is seeking a C# Software Engineer in the Raleigh, NC or West Union, SC area. This Engineer will design, modify and manage activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release. You will serve as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and distribution. Your involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product's lifecycle, from product release through maintenance of the product and end of life decisions. You will promote investigation and application of new technologies and industry trends to product management activities and ensure that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals. You are tasked with design, development, test specification, and validation of MS Windows based applications for both internal and external use.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- May provide design and project support in the areas of project leadership, regulatory, reliability, components selections.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations.
- Develops and reviews product and project documentation.
- Maintenance of products and/or systems including test software and documentation.
- Provide technical support to factory, service and other internal departments.
- Verifies that designs meet requirements through analysis, simulation, and measurement. Compares results to theory and documents results.
- Provides input to project and other product related teams.
- Demonstrates proficiency in C# and .NET development..
- May lead projects of limited scope.
- Coordinate and verify the work of support staff.
- Communicate results of work to project team and management.
- Form contacts with members of other departments or units.
- Develop new products, support existing products and improve processes.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years experience with developing Windows Forms applications using C# and Microsoft's .NET framework using Visual Studio
- Experience in the Advanced Metering Applications is a plus
Additional Experience: This position requires up to 1 year of previous related professional experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Travel: 10 - 30%