Project Manager PMP Certified-West Palm Beach,FL (closed)
The position of Senior Manager, PMO will provide capability development support in the area of Project Portfolio Management focused on developing Project Management Methods, Tools, and Training. This role is responsible for supporting a PM competency model, Project Manager Certification program design, training curriculum, training schedule and coaching Project Managers.
Primary Responsibilities (3-10)
- Lead development of North America Project Management Office project management objectives, process methods and process tools to support enterprise project management office
- Develop Project Manager Competency Model and manage Project Manager certification program design and delivery
- Develop and deliver training for enterprise Program Managers, Project Managers, and other associates in both methods and standards as provided by the PMO, but also basic project management techniques
- Roll out defined PPM deliverables and role definitions
- Develop Project Management job aids
- Coach and mentor Enterprise Program and Project Managers
- Partner with Office Depot functions and support organization in overall project management capabilities
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters preferred; Business Administration, Project Management
- Years of experience: At least 5 years of cross-functional project management experience with accountability.
- Project Management methodology development.
- Training development and delivery
- Strong Leadership skills and ability to listen and articulate.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- PMP Certification Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Publisher, Project and Visio
Technical competencies/ Skills and abilities
- • Change management and project management experience with a track record of implementing results
- • Demonstrated positive energy to promote employee engagement and drive results
- • Ability to work with all levels of the organization, influence leaders to change / adopt change, build trust and credibility quickly
- • Strong collaboration and team work skills
- • Ability to work in a matrix organization driving collaboration across businesses and functions with minimum supervision
- • Demonstrated ability to lead implementation and contribute to the development of vision and strategy
- • Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- • Demonstrated facilitation skills
- • Demonstrated business intuition skills
- • Ability to communicate clearly through written and oral communications
- • Understands functional processes and can navigate systems to extract needed data