Manager, Regulatory Affairs & Government Relations (closed)
Manager, Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations - Illilnois
As a strategic relationship builder, you thrive on proactively developing mutually beneficial working relationships with key partners from regulatory and governing bodies in the energy market space. Essential to your role is that you participate in state regulatory proceedings and governmental matters that enable us to effectively market our products and services, while advocating for industry standards and practices that align with our interests and allow Just Energy to maximize revenue opportunities.
Equally important to your success is collaboratively working with internal stakeholders to ensure that our business practices uphold the highest quality levels that meet or exceed regulatory and governmental requirements while allowing Just Energy to effectively operate in the marketplace.
Why you should join Just Energy:
Energy, opportunity, and growth: You can realize your potential here at Just Energy.
We are a North American market leader in green energy, retail energy, and home services, with a market capitalization of $2 Billion, and 1.8 million customers across North America. We provide an energetic and engaging work environment that is focused on professional and business growth, and where our colleagues have opportunities to excel and be rewarded for our mutual success. If you are interested in being part of one of the largest energy retailers and renewable energy providers in North America, then join us.
Your primary accountabilities:
· Advising business units on compliance with regulations and requirements for the marketing and sale of energy, and transactional and operational rules and guidelines
· Managing and monitoring regulatory activities, and proceedings or applications with local regulatory bodies and government bodies
· Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with government, regulators, utilities and market participants and playing an advocacy role with same
· Monitoring and participating in regulatory proceedings and governmental matters and ensuring company compliance with regulations and filings
· Participating in the development of regulatory strategies and policies that support business strategies
· Partner with internal business units to establish awareness of regulatory activities and developments
· University degree in Political Science, Communications, Behavioral Sciences, or Business
· Minimum of 2 years experience in a compliance/ regulatory/ Gov't relations role.FERC and other ISO related regulatory experience is considered a strong asset
· Experience working in one of Utilities, Telecommunications, Pharamecuticles, or Banking industries is an asset
· Well developed relationship management and negotiation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organization and analytical skills
· Ability to manage a diverse workload and tight timeframes in a highly autonomous environment
· Ability to travel regularly (up to 60% of the time)
Please apply online: https://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=JUSTENERGY&cws=1&rid=172