Android Developer (closed)
The Location is New York, NY
The Job Description is
Senior Mobile App Engineer - Android
Senior Mobile Engineers will work closely with the Technical Lead and is responsible for developing interactive mobile applications centered on the Client’s web properties and new and emerging technology platforms (mobile and wireless, IP-delivered / broadband video and social networking etc.).
As part of the group’s application development team, the Senior Mobile Engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining enterprise-level Android applications to support the Client’s consumer-facing Web properties, new technology initiatives, and internal business applications. They are expected to develop architecturally sound, modular, maintainable component-driven applications and are expected to adhere to our software development life-cycle processes.
The Interactive Technology Department focuses heavily on new business development, so successful candidates must be flexible enough to grasp new paradigms very quickly, and should be prepared to think ”out of the box” when necessary. Successful candidates must also be able to work effectively in both structured projects/teams and non-structured R&D while contributing constructive solutions.
• Strong mobile application development skills with Android platforms.
• Utilize object-oriented programming techniques to create elegant, reusable, maintainable code
• Utilize third party libraries to simplify and streamline development
• Working as member of software engineering team to develop customized mobile software applications depending on client requirements.
• Work with the development department to contribute to functional and technical specs to ensure seamless integration with the Departments broader platform.
• Broad-based and in-depth experience with the entire system development life cycle
• Keep up-to-date on the latest Android SDK developments, respond to customer feedback & testing.
• 2 – 3+ years total experience developing native Android apps.
• Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Demonstrable expertise C/C++/Obj-C or JAVA (Python is also a plus).
• Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multi-threading.
• Strong object oriented design and development skills.
• Knowledge of JSP or other server side technology is a plus.
• Experience working on large-scale web sites is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of design patterns and MVC framework.
• Knowledge of Web Services, Ant, Hibernate, Spring, CVS/SVN, etc a plus.
• A thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) are critical.
• Past experience in a highly collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment.
• Typically have a BSC/BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field.
• MCS/MS in Computer Science a plus.
• The ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
• Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
• Strong attention to detail.
10 East 33rd Street, 11th floor
New York, NY 10116
Office - 212-840-3444