Global manufacturing company located in Santa Clarita, CA
- Manages all general cost accounting, standard cost calculations, variance analysis, and budget performance on a local level.
- Assists in month end closing.
- Assures the accurate and timely preparation and reporting of results including necessary analyses and guidance to aid in the identification or resolution of problem areas and in planning and decision-making.
- Ensures proper cost accounting in line with corporate and local policies and guidelines for the area of responsibility.
- Supports Site Controller in the proper organization and completion of cooperative planning and medium-term planning as well as budget control for the site.
- Prepares controls and analyzes monthly results and reports to Site Controller.
- Supports quote activity by Sales for existing products by maintaining accurate cost models and prepares ad hoc cost calculations for newer products.
- Special projects in the area of cost analysis, make/buy, analyze cost of processes
- Support Site Controller in preparation of KA’s that require calculations
- Prepare cost standards for inventory on an annual basis or as needed.
- Evaluates monthly variances to standard (work order variances, purchase price, etc) and proposes corrective action as needed.
- Ensures (along with Site Controller) an orderly stock taking, Cycle count and valuation in line with corporate valuation procedures.
- Organizes local inventory control/auditing procedures and records and supervises the conduct of inventory reviews.
- Does include assisting Site Controller with special projects (continuous improvement, corporate initiatives, six sigma etc)
- Manufacturing experience
- Large systems experience
- Excel (look ups, pivot tables) and MS office
- Well-rounded accountant open to job functions in financial accounting and special projects.
Clay Burnett Group (www.clayburnettgroup.com). Specializing in search for executive to mid-level candidates in direct hire/permanent positions, our aim is to flawlessly execute every placement. We pride ourselves on a nuanced and thoughtful approach to professional team building and employee placement.
Currently, we confidently offer quality services in the following industry groups: aerospace, consumer goods, distribution/logistics, entertainment, financial services, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing/production, public accounting, real estate/construction, retail, technology, telecommunications, travel/hospitality and utilities.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.