Software Systems Architect
Software Systems Architect Westborough, MA
For more than two decades, my client has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work. My client designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven energy efficiency, energy conservation, sustainability, and renewable energy programs. We bring our experience, expertise, creativity, and commitment to our goals of using environmentally responsible approaches in helping business and home owners lower costs, increase comfort, and improve indoor air quality; and in championing the development and use of renewable, alternative energy.
People who work for my client say that it's a unique kind of organization - one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. My client has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
My client is currently seeking a Software Systems Architect to lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment. Your role is to design and integrate desktop and web based applications with a high volume data transaction system. You should have expert knowledge designing a highly redundant, scalable enterprise transaction processing system from front end to back end. You should have implemented systems that include multi-vendor database systems and have expert knowledge transferring data efficiently between the two systems.
In addition you should have been a technical lead for a team that developed, and deployed to thousands of users, client facing web applications using Microsoft technology including .Net and Silverlight. In that role you worked with developers and business analysts to create innovate and exciting applications.
You will work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. This position reports to the Executive VP of Software and Technology.
- Expert knowledge in analyzing, designing and developing solutions to highly complex problems.
- Strong experience working in all phases of software development, design patterns, and development methodologies including Agile
- Previous experience designing and developing high traffic/enterprise web applications with a focus on performance and scalability
- Previous experience designing and developing high throughput, highly scalable transaction based invoicing systems.
- Expert level knowledge of .Net 3.5 and 4.0 web application development
- Ability to mentor development staff while implementing best practices and improve the development process
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and other data bus architectures
- Experience with enterprise e-commerce applications
- Ability to identify risks or problems with current processes and procedures and recommend changes.
- Coordinate training participation for IT team members.
- Other duties as assigned by the EVP Software and Technology
· Bachelor's of Science degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field.
· 10 – 15 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· Highly experienced building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions.
· Expert knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business centric and process based applications.
· Highly proficient in a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, .Net, Silverlight, Oracle, MS/SQL, Ajax, HTML, XML, MQ, ETL tools.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and applicability of Object-Oriented techniques and principles.
· Specialization in a functional area or industry domain, including healthcare, insurance, or financial services.
· Demonstrated leadership and/or mentorship abilities and professional communication skills.