Technical Project Manager/Field Engineer (closed)
Verigent is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager/Engineer in Sterling, VA. This is a full time permanent position looking to start immediately.
Our client is a global company that specializes in consulting and systems development within the field of mobile networks is seeking a Project Manager with a strong wireless Engineering background.
The client specifically focuses on wireless network service quality benchmarking and network optimization. The position will be based out of Northern VA near Dulles Airport and will require 50% travel.
The right candidate will provide engineering, hardware, software support to the client’s data collection products.
- We are looking for unique individuals who have a high degree of technical aptitude, a strong desire to work in the dynamic wireless industry, and an exceptional ability to communicate with customers.
- Duties include on site commissioning of complex products worldwide, live phone support, product test and evaluation, and analysis of data collected in real world cellular environments.
- In this role you will provide assistance with the use of extremely sophisticated test and measurement tools that enable our customers to deploy, optimize, and benchmark all wireless technologies available around the world.
- In addition, you will be required to troubleshoot problems and find solutions, managing the process from start to finish.
- Within the team of customer project managers and support engineers you are the primary iterface for after sales activities for the assigned North American customers.
- You create and process change requests and trouble tickets by diagnosing problems, getting the repairs initiated and testing the products.
- Supporting the customers during the lifetime of the system will be of utmost importance.
- As a dynamic self-starter with the ability and drive to get things done, you will lead the implementation phase from receipt of order to system handover, and provide customer care for system applications.
- You will be expected to conduct customer training courses and be responsible for the follow-up technical supervision.
- You will also support after sales activities, actively collaborate on product definition, revise and improve operator and training documentation, and correct faults identified during installation.
- For this challenging position successful candidate will have a degree in telecommunication, electrical engineering or computer science and ideally work experience within a similar position in the field of GSM, GPRS, Edge, UMTS, HSPA+, LTE and/or IP networks.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, good verbal and written ability, great attention to detail, ability to follow sound processes, and the ability to work independently are essential.
- If you are attracted by a high tech environment, intensive customer contacts, 50%+ of national/international travelling and a first-class team, along with strong benefits please send a word version of your resume along with hourly rate requirements.
All positions require willing applicants to undergo a background check and drug screen. Interested candidates please forward a recent resume along with your current job status and salary requirements to: