Service Manager (closed)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Service Manager based in the North West to support a well established, reputable organisation. We are looking for a driven person with a proven track record of achieving success and experience of working within a service orientated engineering environment.
A very people orientated and commecially minded manager is particularly needed who is customer focused and proactive and can garner the best from their staff in order to give the best to their customers. With this in mind, you will need to demonstrate the ability to support colleagues as well as having the drive and determination to implement policies that constantly improve customer satisfaction and generate further business opportunities.
Our client is looking for someone who;
* Has an engineering or technical service management background (no need to have a 'hands on' engineering background as being commercially astute is more important)
* Has strong commercial/business acumen
* Has proven history in a service industry managerial role
* Is customer focused and has strong rapport building skills in order to maintain existing and gain new customers
* Understands the importance and use of competitor analysis to remain one step ahead
* Is able to grasp and understand the customers products and requirements in order to offer the best service solution
* Is a clear communicator who can lead their team with an open minded approach
* Can effectively manage a remote team in order to maximise profitability
* Is capable of making sound financial decisions and has knowledge of P&L within the service sector
* Is able to implement new processes and procedures and work through any kinks in order to secure a smooth transition of those processes
Managing the service team, you will be responsible for overseeing and motivating a team of around 20 engineers and service staff, some of which would be based remotely covering the UK, with that in mind experience of remote managing is highly desirable.
Our client is looking for someone who isn't afraid to make decisions, can contribute and ultimately make a positive impact on the business and its service offerings. Your ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders is critical, as is your ability to confidently recruit, progress and inspire the service team which includes; aftermarket sales, service engineers and service co-ordinators.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a forward thinking, experienced service manager who is looking to take their next career step within an engineering environment and wants to build a career with a progressive company.
In return for your effort, experience and knowledge our client is willing to offer an excellent benefits package which includes:
* £37-£43k dependant on experience
* Annual target related bonus
* Choice of quality car
* Mobile phone
* Defined contribution pension scheme
Contact Sharon Seville on 0161 212 7811 for more information or email your CV using the link.