Business Analyst (closed)
Business Analyst II
Daugherty Business Solutions - Greater St. Louis Area
Daugherty Business Solutions is looking for individuals to join our Business Analyst Practice as full time employees. Job requires the following:
Requirements Gathering and Reconciliation
- Independently gather requirements (with and without use cases) through facilitated sessions and/or individual interviews with client users.
- Analyze, reconcile, prioritize and document functional and non-functional requirements prior to creation of the design document. May involve guidance from more experienced Business Analysts.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of an organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualization skills (e.g., diagramming process flows).
- Obtain customer signoff.
Analyze, Solve Business Problems, Test
- Evaluate solution alternatives and improvement opportunities to meet business requirements.
- Participate in business-case development and solution proposals that support improved functionality and expected Return on Investment (ROI).
- Prepare documentation, including but not limited to methodology, new designs and major enhancements to existing systems.
- Diagnose and analyze business and related system problems.
- Participate in and lead test planning and all test cycles, using proven testing techniques.
- Execute as well as manage functional testing efforts.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities.
- Effectively participate in change control and scope management efforts.
- Successfully identify, address, manage and escalate risks and issues.
- Capable of assigning / reviewing business analysis work of Daugherty or client team members.
- Coach less experienced Business Analysts, where necessary, in the analysis of core business problems and interpretation of requirements.
- Business Intelligence / Data Management: Experience working on a few data warehouse and/or reporting engagements, with guidance on more complex situations. Some experience developing and executing common SQL queries in support of core BA function.
- Business Architecture: Experience contributing to and supporting engagements in which core business functions are evaluated and/or improved. Some experience with Business Process Modelling (BPM), Business Process Analysis (BPA), related disciplines (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma) and relevant notation (e.g., Business Process Modeling and Notation, BPMN).
4-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business-related studies.
Minimum of 3 years (typically 3-6 years) of related business analyst or business liaison experience as a consultant or working in an IT department.
About Daugherty Business Solutions
Daugherty Business Solutions is a recognized, geography-based consulting firm. We are a top five consulting company in St. Louis and not only the leading alternative to national consulting firms for our clients, but we are also an outstanding option for IT professionals looking to build their careers.
We have a unique local delivery model in which our people do not travel. Our people are full-time employees who have the opportunity to build long-term careers doing what they love. We deliver for our clients across several key functional and technical areas (including software architecture and engineering)—and across many industries.
Daugherty Business Solutions is a consulting firm unlike any you may have experienced. We don’t simply prescribe technology solutions; we solve business problems for many of the largest companies in the world, including Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies.
We have over 1000 employees in St. Louis (HQ), Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, New York and Denver.
Daugherty Systems is an equal opportunity employer. As such, to the extent defined by federal, state, and municipal law, Daugherty Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, handicap, or any other factor protected by law. Daugherty Systems welcomes veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.