Sr. Software Engineer
El Segundo, CA - relocation available
Rapid7 is one of the fastest growing software companies in the U.S., growing by over 2,000% in the past five years. We’re not only looking for the best and the brightest, but the most innovative and passionate people to join our team.
Rapid7 is the leading provider of unified vulnerability management and penetration testing solutions. Rapid7’s NeXpose and Metasploit products help organizations to improve their security posture by providing actionable insights into the real threats from vulnerabilities across their entire IT infrastructure. With more than 1,300 enterprises and government agencies, Rapid7 delivers actionable intelligence about an organization's entire IT environment. Rapid7 offers the only integrated threat management solution that enables organizations to implement and maintain best practices and optimize their network security, web application security, database security, and penetration testing strategies.
Rapid7 has been recognized with numerous industry accolades including Boston Globe’s Best Places to Work, Red Herring 100 Award, Inc. 500, Deloitte's Fast 500, Info Security Products Guide Tomorrow’s Technology Today Award, Network Products Guide Best Products and Services Award, Info Security Products Guide Global Product Excellence Customer Trust Award, and an SC Magazine Award Winner.
- Be a contributing member of a cross-functional scrum team in charge of delivering new features on a quarterly basis as a Java Core/J2EE developer.
- Interact with product owners and customers to understand the requirements before building a new feature.
- Participate with scrum team to plan and commit to each iteration of work.
- Drive towards delivery of those commitments throughout the iteration and raise risks early.
- Develop, unit-test, and debug code in line with Rapid7's standards and following Rapid7's processes.
- Participate in code reviews, test plan reviews, and doc reviews.
- Be open to learning new technologies and new problem domains.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong Java core and J2EE (no EJB) technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated mastery of OOP, design patterns and MVC architecture.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL language.
- Demonstrated communication skills written and verbal. Proven experience in problem-solving with little supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in unit testing, TDD, and developer acceptance testing.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with product owners, customers and stakeholders to build software that meets customer needs.
- Security Domain Expertise a plus.
- Spring experience a plus.
Please apply via https://careers-rapid7.icims.com