Lead Media Engineer and Software Developer
Are you passionate about the future of video integration within social media, social gaming, social marketing and interactive television? Then please read on.
If you are a proven software and web services architect-developer with expertise with commercial or consumer oriented social marketing and video applications, we would like to know you.
A VC backed early stage Cloud application company is getting ready to launch a video-enabled branding and social marketing application that will introduce a new form of consumer video experience called ‘online video role play’.
Targeted to commercial customers in advertising, entertainment, social gaming and social networks, online video role play will introduce a consumer video image into a rights-protected entertainment or content experience within online promotions, dating and professional video profiles, social games and interactive television.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right hands-on leader to lead the market for a new generation of video applications that will transform social marketing and entertainment.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to drive the next generation of video-enabled social web and entertainment
- Great compensation package (base + benefits + bonus + equity)
- Great dynamic environment
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Chief-Architect, you will engage in all phases of the development lifecycle for a comprehensive Cloud-based video imaging and processing application with integrated consumer camera-based components.
This is a hands-on engineering and development position that will have direct responsibility over a core element of a complex consumer facing video capture and server side processing application.
You will be working with the architect to design, engineer and develop a video application that will touch on the client, the browser, third-party moderation vendors and the server, with publishing to mobile and to social networks.
You will be a key team member within a build a world-class software development culture and environment, leveraging the best tools and techniques.
Required Experience and Skills:
In addition, you will need to demonstrate expertise and proficiency within the following areas:
- Bachelor is required. Master is desired.
- 7-10 year successful track working all phases of software development, design patterns and development methodologies
- Expert knowledge in analyzing, designing and developing highly complex digital media, video image analysis and processing
- Proficiency in C, C++ and C# and .NET
- Experience with coding with techniques such as alpha blending, pillar boxing, painter’s algorithm, scale and crop, letter boxing and variable frame rates to presentation time, multimedia clocks,
- Familiarity with FFMPEG, PCM, RTP/RTSP, DTCP-IP, MP4, MP2TS, AVI,H.264, MPEG-4 part2 and MPEG-2, MP4, AAC audio, RGB and RGBA
- Proven ability to work within a dynamic, rapid paced team
- Experience working within Agile, SCRUM or structured development environment
Location: Seattle (relocation provided)
So, if you are expert video and media software engineer with a passion for leading the next generation of video enabled branding, social-marketing, online dating, social-gaming and interactive television, please apply today!