Sr. Unix Administrator (closed)
As a Sr. Unix Systems Administrator, you will work as a part of the ITO Systems Administration group and manage a variety of UNIX platforms. These platforms include AIX, Solaris and Redhat Linux. Our team works closely with other support groups, client teams, developers, DBAs and project managers to define, design and implement systems, networks, security and client access. A Sr. Unix System Administrator's role at Epsilon includes installing, securing and maintaining servers, storage and network connectivity for Epsilon’s internal and client specific hosted infrastructures. You’ll also be responsible for coordinating the day to day efforts of the Unix team.
This is an exciting opportunity and offers excellent technical challenges in a growing company. The team of people you will be working with have an excellent reputation and are very supportive of other team members. This is a great opportunity for an experience UNIX Systems Administrator who enjoys learning and professional development in a challenging and supportive environment. For highly motivated professionals, this position also offers the potential to transition to a management position.
- Operating System and third party software installation, upgrades and maintenance
- Installation of hardware and software
- Maintenance and setup of file systems
- Resolve software problems with operating systems or third party products
- File System and Database Backups/restores (Netbackup and TSM knowledge)
- Organize and manage hardware repairs
- Performance Monitoring
- Maintain system security
- Configuration management
- Storage management, system recovery, network communications, and performance management
- Team leadership experience
- Manage projects and remediation efforts
- Work closely with client teams
- Report on environment metrics
- Work with global organization to create and document standards
- Provide solid technical solutions
- Experience with installing and implementing Solaris, AIX, RedHat Linux and third party software products is a MUST!
- 7+ years in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional customer service manner