Succession Planning Solicitor (closed)
Succession Planning Solicitor
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a leading national law firm to join the succession team. The law firm is a has a great and long history and excellent reputation for providing concise and commercially focused advise. This is a reputation that has been created on the firm being able to understand their clients business and the workings of the industry they operate in. You will be joining a team and firm of talented lawyers who highly achieve in their speciality.
The candidate will work on matters relating to wills and estate planning , litigation , estate administration, litigation and precedents.
The Ideal candidate will have :
- 2-3 PQE
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships with clients
- Ability to work Independently as well as in a team
The candidate in this position will be expected to ;
- Take instructions and draft Wills, both simple and complex in nature, preparing binding nominations for superannuation funds, Enduring Power of Attorney and Enduring Powers of Guardianship;
- Draft, review and update family trusts;
- Draft deeds of variation and deeds of appointment for family trusts;
- Apply for grants of Probate / Letters of Administration, both routine and complex, and administration of estates;
- Work on administration of Estates including, but not limited to, preparing survivorship applications, applications by personal representatives, instructing accountants to prepare tax returns, transferring shareholdings, submitting claims for a deceased’s superannuation on behalf of a dependent, draft deeds of release, advising executors on duties and obligations, and advising on distributions and intestacies;
- Assist in applications under the Inheritance (Family and Dependants Provision) Act 1972; including preparation of supporting affidavits, attending status conferences and mediations;
- Assist in applications for Grant of Probate in Solemn Form either in a defended or un-defended basis;
- Assist in applications to the Supreme Court for interpretation of Wills; and
- Assist in the preparation of precedents for Wills and Court Applications for the Succession team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading law firm with a leading team and direct communication with the partners.
The salary and package are both competitive
To apply please send your current CV to : email@example.com