Senior Mechanical Engineer - Energy Conservation (closed)
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Energy Conservation focus
Are you a senior mechanical engineer/consultant of complex energy conservation and environmental solutions for commercial and industrial projects? Do you enjoy the challenge of consulting with and providing award-winning solutions for clients around the world? Do you value collaborating with an in-house, multi-disciplinary team on a wide variety of project types? We have expansive growth opportunities for the right individual!
- Responsible for providing Energy Conservation consulting services, from marketing to execution, across our multiple markets, specializing in comprehensive energy audits, forensic identification to determine opportunities for improved operations in systems, equipment, and operations, resulting in a positive return on investment for the client.
- Provide design oversight, direction and organization, including planning, scheduling and coordinating the analysis and audits of building systems resulting in development of recommendations and presentation of results, as well as the implementation engineering documents.
- Research and assist in securing funding sources and incentive programs for implementation of energy conservation measures.
- Prepare and review preliminary and final plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates, and make recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions when modifications are necessary.
- Supervise and observe the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State and County officials and other outside agencies.
- Work to improve our knowledge sharing firmwide by being an advocate and advisor, and is devoted to converting what we see as a significant market potential for building performance enhancing services.
- Supervise junior team members and coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants and firm staff.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Fifteen years experience in Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry consulting for commercial or industrial clients
- Professional (P.E.)licensure is required.
- Experience as Certified Energy Manager/Auditor, LEED AP, or Six Sigma preferred.
- Experience in energy/carbon consumption modeling, energy performance, environmental assessment (LEED or similar), and life cycle assessment.
- Proven experience in developing project plans, implementing project tasks, anticipating and addressing project issues, managing and mentoring staff, leading meetings with clients, and preparing technical reports
- Knowledge of MicroStation and CADD techniques and principles preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Works well within a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to identify key issues
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
Gresham, Smith and Partners provides design and consulting solutions for the built environment that contribute to the success of national and international clients. For more than 40 years, GS&P has focused on enhancing quality of life and sustainability within communities. GS&P consists of industry-leading professionals practicing architecture and engineering design as well as scientists and highly specialized planning and strategic consultants in Aviation, Corporate and Urban Design, Environmental Compliance, Healthcare and Industrial, Land Planning, Transportation and Water Services. GS&P consistently ranks among the top architecture and engineering firms in the United States. For more information regarding GS&P, visit www.gspnet.com. EOE