Sr. .NET Developer (closed)
Sr. .NET Developer
Location: Austin, TX
Full Time / Direct Hire position
NOTES FROM THE HIRING MANAGER: Senior consultants are experienced .NET developers who can develop whole application features, manage their work to a budget and a schedule, and provide clear communication on progress of the same. Both positions are technical, development-oriented roles.
Principal consultants, in addition to the abilities of a Sr. Consultant, are able to lead whole projects, manage client expectations, communicate feature deliver progress and budget updates to clients, and work with client stakeholders and sponsors to develop feature backlogs, estimates, and delivery schedules for projects.
We don't have any non-coding architects, or Microsoft Project-style project managers.
Regarding benefits… Our healthcare is better than what Dell employees get, and more affordable to our employees to boot, we have an annual training stipend, a generous time off policy, and a proven track record of promoting from within and growing people into larger roles within the company.
- Exercise proficiency in .Net technologies including Html5, CSS 3, jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, WPF, Silverlight, SQL Server, MSMQ, NServiceBus, NHibernate, AutoMapper, Log4Net, psake, Tarantino, pstrami, ReSharper, TeamCity, C#, StructureMap
- Develop custom business software that meets client needs
- Client communication (bonding, rapport, expectations management, presentations)
- Use Microsoft development tools to analyze, design, code, test, and deploy software
- At this company we deliver custom business applications for growing companies. Our technical experts use consultative and collaborative processes to ensure our partners receive the right solution to their toughest challenges, with no surprises. We look to provide each of our customers with a maintainable custom application to fit the specific needs of their business that will enable continued growth and efficiencies. We are seeking a Senior Consultant to join our team!
- ASP.NET MVC (would be nice to have but not required) and having a product enhancement tool such as ReSharper . HTML, CSS and JQUery are huge pluses but not the core skill.
- They are primarily NOT a traveling consultancy…most of Headspring’s clients are in the Metro Austin area and Fridays are home office days where lunch is brought in and they offer lunch and learn sessions.
- The Sr. Consultant does not carry as much responsibility as the Principal Consultant yet as they gain more responsibility, they can get paid more and move into a Principal role. The goal is one Principal Consultant to every 2 or 3 Sr. Consultants.
- 10% of this company’s revenue comes from offering training bootcamps to the public so if this person has the personality and/or skills for that that’s a plus but not a requirement.
- Communicate with and set expectations for all parties to avoid surprises
- Establish the architecture for small systems
- Learn a client’s business, challenge assumptions, and formulate solutions
- Resolve blocking technology issues
- Learn and keep up with the latest technologies and tools
- Design a normalized OLTP data model
- Design a star schema data model for reporting
- Develop features on spec and on budget
- Understand, leverage, and teach the software industry’s state-of-the-art practices
- Inspect software systems and draft assessment documents
- Walk into a new client engagement and immediately build rapport and confidence
- Teach developer training classes
Doni Evans | Technical Recruiter