Senior Technical Architect (closed)
a. Knowledge of industry best practices in project management or quality management
b. Five years major project (+$30-50M) implementation oversight experience;
c. Five years of experience with project management or quality management tools
routinely available to government agencies;
d. Knowledge of health insurance exchanges and ACA technology architecture, including
the relationship between HHS and related state health services programs;
e. Five years of experience using automated testing and tools to assure requirements using
a tracking and traceability matrix;
f. Five years of experience in Agile Project Management, system development, and ongoing
operations, including but not limited to planning Joint Application Design (JAD)
sessions, preparing JAD materials, training JAD participants, conducting JAD sessions,
and documenting JAD sessions;
g. Five years of experience and expertise in project management, administration and
reporting for large-scale system development/ replacement projects for governmental
h. Five years of experience and expertise in quality management and assurance of largescale
system development/ replacement projects for governmental entities.
Experience with evaluating solutions proposed by vendors and identifying the
best fit for organization technical architecture requirements.
• This is a full-time contract position.
• Responsible for ensuring proper interaction between various systems in a large,
complex, multi-technology collaborative service oriented environment.
• Extensive experience in architecting large scale systems implementation and
understands the key technical aspects of software development and deployment
• Experience in defining architectural frameworks large System Integrators (SIs) as
well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) solutions, particularly in the CRM,
PLM, ERP, Financials and Supply Chain categories.
• Facilitate design solutions that provide framework, interfaces and services that
can be extended.
• Help define the process for gathering requirements, analyzing them, evaluating
solutions against the requirements, configuring to the requirements, and deploying
• Ability to align technology vision with business strategy by integrating business
processes with the appropriate technologies.
• Guide the Project Manager, development and deployment teams in developing
solutions that meet performance, scalability, and reliability goals.
• Proficient in the use of modeling techniques - such as use case, scenario
modeling, prototyping, benchmarking, and performance modeling - to describe
the problem space, to size the solution and to validate that the proposed
architecture addresses the business requirements
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements for deploying systems in federal and/or
state government departments preferred but not required.