Involved in standard operations and administration tasks for shared services platforms.
Analyses QoS provided by Shared services platforms
Provides improvement plans and enhanced procedures to meet performance objectives.
Key responsibility areas:
1. Accountable for standard operations and administration of service platforms
- Real time analysis of faults and customer tickets, drive corrective actions in accordance with customer impact
- Initiates escalation process in case of detected service or performance degradation
- Perform and drive preventative maintenance
- Issue procedure
- Involved in 24*7 on call shifts
2. Accountable for platform QoF (Quality of functioning)
- Differed time analysis monitor platform activity and trigger corrective actions
- Monitor performance parameters for services and platforms
3. Contribution to the launch of new services
- Bringing into operations, checking current operations, platform configuration.
Master at least one of the following : UNIX, LINUX/AIX
Extended IT skills:
- WAS and Dbase management: (oracle, Sybase, Mysql,…)
- Web based applications: Apache, Java, messaging, DNS, FTP,…)
- Langages: KSH, Perl, HTL, Java , XML
- Knowledge of monitoring tools: HPOpenView, Patrol
- Monitoring tools (Cacti, Fticheck, Nagios)
- Virtualization system (VmWare)
- Work in project mode
- Crisis management
Education, specific training and experience:
Informatics / Telecom degree with at least 1 to 3 years experience in an operational IT or Telecom environment in a large company.
Proven Experience in network operations
Strong planning & organization skills
Fluent in English & French (as a plus)