Truss Plant Manager (closed)
Our client, a custom manufacturer of wood and metal roof & floor trusses serving single family, multi-family and light commercial projects in Michigan, has hired SnapDragon Associates to find an experienced Truss Plant Manager. The individual will manage the daily operations of the truss and wall panel manufacturing component plant. Qualified candidates will possess a solid management background as well as understand manufacturing methods and processes; preferably in the Building Materials Industry.
- Oversee all areas of the plant to ensure and maintain high standards of quality, safety and service.
- Develop plant budget and carry out plan to meet that budget.
- Set the overall direction for the plant through long and short term goal planning.
- Identify and implement training and development programs for all employees.
- Monitor employee performance and counsel employees on improvement opportunities to ensure standards are met.
- Ensure that production and delivery schedules are met and are optimizing lead times.
- Partner with Plant Supervisors, Office Coordinators, Customer Service Representatives, Designers and Dispatchers to identify areas of improvement.
- Monitor cost of production and ensure that those costs are maintained.
- Ensure inventory is properly accounted for and accurate.
- Responsible for properly delegating and overseeing all aspects of inventory according to company policies and procedures.
- Direct and facilitate best practices to ensure safety standards are being met during production.
- Ensure that all machines and equipment are being properly used and maintained.
- Previous management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of the production of trusses and wall panels.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvements.
- Possess knowledge in scheduling and shipping methods.
- Ability to use strong judgment in analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating problems.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick time, 401(k), and relocation assistance!
SnapDragon Associates, is a small but capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all “lumber people” servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
You might say we are not a “Search” Firm but rather a “Find Firm”. Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America.
The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037