Network Engineer (closed)
The Network Engineer is responsible for deploying network solutions, supporting projects and issues in the IT operations area. The Network Engineer is also responsible for aiding in the day to day technical analysis and troubleshooting of the network as based on a global helpdesk trouble-ticketing system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Management and maintenance of network devices. Support of 70+ site Global Infrastructure LAN/WAN (routing, switching, provisioning, documentation updates, upgrades, migrations and scheduled outages).
2. Participating in the maintenance of Network and System Management Architecture and deployment of necessary tools
3. Participating in the development of Network Architecture. Ensure that existing network fulfils the requirements of the architecture.
4. Providing detailed documentation of all implementations, changes, and solutions.
5. Deploy internal and external VPN topologies (Client VPN, VPN Concentrator)
6. Deploy Wireless Solutions (Cisco wireless clients, access points and site surveys)
7. Deploy Switching Solutions (Deploy LAN solutions to customer sites)
8. Deploy Cabling Solutions for Campus LANs
9. Implementation and support of Cisco Firewalls, Access Control Lists and other security processes. Help enforce Security Policy
10. Provides 24x7 emergency support and on-call rotation
11. Any other related tasks as assigned by Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills the candidate must have the following technical and business related skills for this position:
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, including good communication and analytical skills.
o Good sound judgment and analytical skills. Problem solver with the ability to provide primary problem diagnosis and coordinate resolution.
o Adaptability to changing work environments.
o High integrity and a team player. Good Organizational Skills, Self Starter, team player attitude.
o Excellent written and oral communications skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form with individual contributors, management, executive staff, as well as with the user community. Ability to understand and communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
o Demonstrated commitment to quality
o Attention to detail, ability to set priorities and to complete work on schedule is essential
• Must have a thorough understanding of the various technical disciplines and technologies within the IT Operations arena:
o Strong knowledge of TCP/IP based troubleshooting tools.
o Experience with Cisco Three-Layer Design Model
o Working knowledge of routing protocols and support of them. (EIGRP, BGP)
o Strong knowledge of switching protocols and design (VLANs, Trunking, etc). Strong experience with switching and Campus LAN environments
o Strong knowledge of cabling design and deployment (Fiber and Copper)
o Experience with remote access scenarios and solutions including VPN based, RADIUS, TACACS and strong authentication mechanisms. (SSL, SSH, etc)
o Strong Knowledge of Wireless Infrastructure (Aironet cards and AP’s, EAP, etc)
o Strong working knowledge in Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint software.
o Working knowledge of VOIP, IP Telephony and PBX a bonus
o Experience with network management tools, Solarwinds, and network performance management tools like NMIS, MRTG, etc a bonus
o Experience with DNS
o Must have outstanding technical troubleshooting skills
o Any Systems (non-network) related experience a bonus (Microsoft, Linux, etc)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors Degree preferred but not mandatory
• Minimum 4 years experience implementing and supporting IT Solutions, 2 of which must be network infrastructure related.
• Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCDP and/or CCSP) are highly desirable but not mandatory if possess experience to the same level.
• Any mix of certification, experience and college will be carefully examined for this position.