Account Manager - West (closed)
The primary responsibility of the Account Manager is to drive sales revenue in existing accounts in the territory and develop the pipeline and foundation for future growth. He/she will be guided in their efforts including attending sales calls, building and leveraging relationships with selected customers and engaging in all methods of pipeline creation.
The Account Manager is required to attend the Quarterly Business Reviews and Sales Strategy meetings and is expected to contribute to the overall strategic direction of the region and devise and execute a cost-effective operational approach that supports this. This is a multi-faceted role and the level of responsibility and involvement with other departments varies.
The Account Manager will contribute and support the overall plan to deliver the territory’s short and long term goals. This is a strong leadership role and requires expertise to demonstrate this on a situational and strategic basis.
The Account Manager is expected to maintain a rolling four quarter plan of the territory and review pipeline for each quarter on a weekly basis.
The Account Manager may be expected to lead the sales effort in certain sales opportunities and coordinate the use of resources from elsewhere in the company. The individual sales strategy for an opportunity will be recorded in SalesForce.com. The Account Manager is expected to “think outside the box” and leverage ClickSoftware Executives, including the CEO, into the sales process by establishing executive sponsorship and contact within prospects early in the sales cycle.
The Account Manager is expected to know the company products to the point of setting an example to the rest of the sales staff. This role encompasses understanding organizational business and strategic needs, developing strong customer relationships, understanding the processes, conveying information, delivering positive messages, gaining customer commitment, working with the team and matrix communication within ClickSoftware.
This position reports to the Director of Sales, West Region.
1. Attend a first prospect visit to conduct a “discovery call”
2. Participate in sales calls (phone and live)
3. Own all opportunities and ensure SFDC is updated on progress
4. Meet with prospects, provide account intelligence and research, build and establish prospect network
5. Ensure that customer data is accurately stored and regularly maintained according to company policy (i.e.: salesforce.com)
6. Ensure that timely and accurate reporting mechanisms exist and are strictly adhered to
7. Contribute to collect payments from problematic accounts where necessary
8. Maintain a broad understanding of ClickSoftware’s value proposition and products in order to discuss with customers, with a view to encourage interest in upgrades and addition products and services
9. Liaise with Business Development to ensure that ClickSoftware and our partners’ goals are aligned and met
10. Work with marketing to achieve public, reference-able, press releases, go lives, new products, upgrades and case studies. Includes submission of articles, industry awards, etc.
- At least three-years enterprise software industry experience selling to an existing customer base
- Experience in the utilities industry is required
- Exposure to sales, product management and marketing is preferable
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of customer needs, and objectives
- Effective, clear, and concise presentation skills
- Ability to maintain excellent colleague and peer relationships
- Degree in Business-related discipline.
- Willingness to travel, as the job requires
Location: Los Angeles, CA area
Qualified candidates should apply online at: