Sr. Engineer, Power Electronics
The Sr. Engineer, Power Electronics will utilize extensive experience in power electronics, automotive electrical requirements, and automotive validation processes to develop a line of electrical components for medium to high volume application in Quantum’s electric and hybrid electric vehicle systems.
· Expertise in Electric Vehicle/Hybrid Vehicle Powertrain components that include Power Electronics, Electric Drives, motion controls; DC:DC converters and power supplies; IGBT and MOSFET based inverters, gate drive circuits, power factor correction, efficiency optimization, high voltage safety and designs (to 1000V), air and water cooled systems, frequency range from 2-100kHz in EV/HEV applications. · Experience in motor controls for permanent magnet and induction designs. · Knowledge of circuit design and simulation, circuit board layout and fabrication, and EMI/EMC compliance · In depth knowledge of hybrid vehicle technologies, vehicle engineering, development and validation processes (APQP processes) · Strong team leadership and execution of program objectives to meet program cost, timing and technical requirements · Develop and present customer and internal management reviews
- Planning, budgeting, program resource allocation, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Develop HEV/EV power electronics components
- Ensure high technical quality of the products at competitive cost
- Interface directly with customers to develop new business, resolve issues on existing programs, and to network for future business opportunities
Education and/or Experience: Required: Preferred:
- Require BSEE. Prefer MSEE (or PhD)
- 10 years experience in power electronics design and development
- 8 years experience in automotive engineering
Physical Job Requirements:
- The position is expected to visit current and potential customers, including travel to customers and distributors internationally. The position is expected to use a computer terminal, hands-on management/coordination of laboratory test and production equipment.