DC Power Equipment Installer- Level IV (closed)
Full Time Employment
Report this Job as Spam
DC Power Equipment Installers are responsible for the installation of equipment such as batteries, rectifiers, PBD's, BDFB's and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks.
- Analyze, plan, layout and assign installation activity to other installation personnel. Act as subject matter expert on provisioning, activating and testing 24 and 48 volt DC electronic equipment.
- The work will involve the installation of cable, wiring, and telecommunications equipment in Central Office and other Telecom facilities. Installers should be familiar with and/or are trained with iron work/bays/equipment rack installation, blueprint/schematic reading and method of procedures.
- The DC Power Equipment Installer is responsible for all on-site aspects of DC Power equipment installation, including safety, paperwork, leading crew members, customer interaction and overall accountability for each project assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, technical degree preferred
- Seven years related work experience as a lead installer
- Ability to work on ladders up to 15ft., demonstrated manual dexterity, and lift and carry loads up to 40 lbs
- Work well within a team demonstrating leadership abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good customer service skills
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Reliable transportation and tools
- Willing to travel extensively (75-100%)
- Good computer soft skills required.
- Extensive knowledge of Telcordia and customer specific installation standards
- Extensive knowledge and/or certification from OEM's such as GE Power, Emerson and Enersys