DC Power Equipment Installer- Level IV (closed)
DC Power Equipment Installers are responsible for the installation of equipment such as batteries, rectifiers, PBD's, BDFB's and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks.
- Analyze, plan, layout and assign installation activity to other installation personnel. Act as subject matter expert on provisioning, activating and testing 24 and 48 volt DC electronic equipment.
- The work will involve the installation of cable, wiring, and telecommunications equipment in Central Office and other Telecom facilities. Installers should be familiar with and/or are trained with iron work/bays/equipment rack installation, blueprint/schematic reading and method of procedures.
- The DC Power Equipment Installer is responsible for all on-site aspects of DC Power equipment installation, including safety, paperwork, leading crew members, customer interaction and overall accountability for each project assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, technical degree preferred
- Seven years related work experience as a lead installer
- Ability to work on ladders up to 15ft., demonstrated manual dexterity, and lift and carry loads up to 40 lbs
- Work well within a team demonstrating leadership abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good customer service skills
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Reliable transportation and tools
- Willing to travel extensively (75-100%)
- Good computer soft skills required.
- Extensive knowledge of Telcordia and customer specific installation standards
- Extensive knowledge and/or certification from OEM's such as GE Power, Emerson and Enersys