Account Manager - Technical Solutions (closed)
ACCOUNT MANAGER –
- Must have experience selling IT equipment and/or services with one or more of the following: Cisco, VMWare, EMC, NetApp, Cisco
Partner, networking or datacenter environment
Summary of Position:
The AM is responsible for understanding their individual accounts business and positioning sales of hardware and company services that will add value to their customer's business. The AM will be responsible for maintaining a list of accounts in a successful manner and networking within the industry to bring new business to the company.
- Executes sales strategy by identifying customer needs and selling the appropriate hardware and company services.
- Maintains a targeted understanding of customers' business showing the ability to establish customer needs, buying cycles, and creating strong relationships to effectively drive sales and repeat business.
- Meets or exceeds annual sales top line revenue and margin goals as defined by management.
- Manages individual sales objectives to include sales orders and billing activities to support accounting cycles.
- Manages on-going customer account maintenance to include, updating account information in company systems and resolving customer satisfaction issues.
- Works with inside sales team to ensure that quotes are provided and order requests are processed accurately.
- Works with engineering team to accurately scope projects.
Planning & Presentation
- Adhere to sales process including but not limited to pipeline development and accurate forecasting via internal tools.
- Attends weekly Sales Commit calls and achieves weekly commitments.
- Submits presales service requests and attends presales conference calls.
- Performs extensive proposal writing and prepares sales information for customers.
- Attends trade shows, marketing events, and performs continuous marketing efforts to new and existing customers.
- Participates in weekly sales calls with sales team and management to communicate weekly sales and profit objectives.
- Participates in on-going sales training to ensure satisfactory performance, improve sales skills, stay abreast of emerging technologies, and maintains manufacturer sales certifications.
- Promotes company culture and ethics and establishes name recognition.
- Works in a team environment to enhance all aspects of the sales strategy.
- Mentors and lead new hires in market.
- Participates in company efforts to improve the quality of sales organization.
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the English language and reading comprehension.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of administration and management principles, specifically in planning and resource allocation.
- Strong customer service skills and service orientation focus.
- Effective active learning and listening skills.
- Critical thinking, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Strong monitoring and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to solve problems using deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Excellent oral and written communication and expression skills.
- Ability to sensitize and forecast problem areas.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with members across departments and at all levels of the organization.