Facilities Security Officer (DOE) (closed)
Leidos has an opening for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) in Germantown, MD. The successful candidate will serve as Germantown’s FSO managing and executing all required aspects of facilities security.
The candidate will be responsible for supervising and directing security measures to implement the National Industrial Security Program for the Germantown Campus. The candidate will also support Department of Energy (DOE) security related matters for the Corporation, as needed.
Management responsibilities include facility clearances, staff clearances, providing oversight for classified projects and resources, ensuring successful administration of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) drug testing program, and the management of the Germantown DOE approved cleared facility.
Specific duties include:
- Establishing and documenting security procedures for the Germantown location to maintain compliance with Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Agency and the NISP.
• Informing Customers and users of published security policies and procedures;
Process, maintain and terminate DOE clearances in the Division
Administering the classified document accountability and control program for staff supporting NNSA
• Maintain and manage all classified holdings for facility
• Managing and operating the COMSEC account;
• Security education and training compliance
• Obtaining and managing appropriate personnel security clearances for those employees whose duties will require access to classified information or as determined by the government;
• Providing physical security for the Germantown facilities;
• Maintain Access Commander records of DOE clearances in the Division
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience supporting DOE and NNSA, including security program management experience. An Associate's degree and an additional 3 years' experience, or a High School diploma and an additional 6 years' experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Candidate must have experience with DOE security, DOE facility clearances, DOE staff clearances, providing oversight for classified projects and managing a DOE closed/limited area.
• Candidate should have extensive DOE level FSO experience and functional knowledge, and extensive experience of government network security.
• Current Facility Security Officer Orientation training provided by DOE preferred. This is a requirement of all FSO’s for DOE contractors and must be completed within 1 year of appointment as FSO.
Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification is preferred.
Candidate must currently have an active DOE Q or Top Secret clearance.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.