Director, International Customer Acquisition @ FiftyOne (closed)
FiftyOne drives international ecommerce sales at leading U.S. retailers by utilize their existing ecommerce infrastructure and online shopping experience to market, sell, and fulfill merchandise to international shoppers. FiftyOne is involved in all aspects of the international order life cycle, including driving of international traffic to the retailer’s website, providing site monetization best practices, enabling multi-currency pricing and payment processing, facilitating customs clearance, managing international fraud, and ensuring smooth international logistics operations. FiftyOne is powering international ecommerce for many leading U.S. retailers, including Barneys New York, Bloomingdale’s, Brookstone, Crate and Barrel, Johnson & Murphy, Macy’s, Overstock.com, Sears, Shoes.com, Tilly’s, and True Religion.
Port51, a new division of FiftyOne, is a recently launch hyper-localized global shopping website. Consumers from around the world can go to the Port51 website localized to their country for a single place to shop for products from our flagship US retailers.
The company is headquartered in midtown Manhattan overlooking Bryant Park. For more information, visit www.fiftyone.com.
This is the most exciting and challenging Customer Acquisition role you’ll ever come across!
We are currently seeking a Director, International Customer Acquisition, to drive customers from over 100 countries to a localized in-country shopping portal where they can access products from flagship US retailers. Our business is very complex with nearly 100 retailers selling 30 million SKU’s in 120 countries and territories. Our recently launched hyper-localized global Shopping Portal, Port51 is a place where consumers from all the countries can shop the products from the retailors in our network. The primary purpose of this role is to drive consumers in those 120 countries to Port51, where they can brose, shop and buy.
There is no “playbook” for this role since everything changes from country to country -- from the channels that are most important and most cost efficient, what search engine and social media sites are dominant, to what language is used, what consumer motivations are.
This position requires a highly quantitative individual who is familiar with all online marketing channels and has significant multi-country international customer acquisition experience and is excited about the challenge. We are looking for a leader who can find opportunities and drive results.
- Lead strategy development for overall Port51 marketing
- Overall responsibility and management for world-wide customer acquisition activities.
- Develop a financial plan for the customer acquisition program, including number of new customers, revenue, and costs.
- Meet aggressive new customer acquisition targets.
- Provide customer acquisition know-how and leadership for Port51 in-country marketing managers
- Directly negotiate and close deals with third parties to drive additional traffic to Port51.
- Work closely with site merchandizing team to ensure traffic is meeting monetization targets.
- Build out and manage customer acquisition team
- 5+ years of international experience
- 7+ years of ecommerce experience
- Knowledge of SEM, SEO, affiliates, CSE, display, retargeting, list rental, and social media
- Stunning analytic skills, with proficiency in Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate across the organization
- Able to deal with imperfect startup-style reporting and systems and the frustration they can occasionally cause.
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics, or some other field that suggests you are very quantitative; MBA preferred.
If Interested, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com