- Responsible for analyzing and providing technical support of the current Manufacturing system in order to provide: safe methods, optimal production capabilities, cost reduction opportunities, process control methods and plans, and manufacturing layouts.
- Analyzes documents and provides recommendations for individual part or process failures from a technical and operations standpoint.
- Analyzes information and prepares reports for management review in such areas as capital budgets and capital acquisition requests.
- Works with operators, vendors and tool designers to develop tooling designs and actual tools within provided quality and cost constraints. When assigned they are also responsible for implementing the tooling with the operators.
- May accumulate, develop and utilize data for purposes of establishing labor standards on process data, including attaching routings in workflow, and establishing costs of engineering changes and introductions.
- Responsible for providing technical support to install new systems and capital equipment on time, within cost constraints, established procedures and the production forecast
- Provides assistance to the plant in all areas related to quality documentation and/or ISO compliance where applicable
- Organizes, documents and implements engineering changes on process data and selected areas in a manner to optimize production
- Responsible for ensuring required documentation (MSDS) of safety and environmental for any new processes and products and reviews with safety and environmental staff
- This position, with minimal supervision must be able to manage large projects and handle a greater number of products, processes or areas with more complexity and priority.
- This position may be called upon to provide leadership, direction, and training of junior employees.
- The individual must be consistently demonstrating all the technical and behavioral competencies of the position.
- Lead plant reorganization projects (weld equipment/infrastructure) – develop most efficient layouts, cost estimates, timelines, and execute
- Hands-on experience with MS Project, Pro E is required
- This role will also be responsible for verification of engineering changes, and providing capabilities of engineering changes within the plant to make any changes to the proposed design.
- Fully responsible for acquiring, designing, and developing new jigs and fixtures as needed.