Our client is a rapidly growing, well established, publicly traded company that is a major supplier to the RV industry. At $500m now they are looking to grow to $660m in the next 2 years.
This progressive management team is looking to hire a Business Unit Financial Analyst to join their Accounting team in Elkhart, IN
The Business Unit Financial Analyst partners with the Business Unit leadership team to co-pilot strategic Business Unit decisions surrounding manufacturing initiatives, cost & inventory management, and financial systems. This position provides transparency on operating results and clarifies key performance indicators for manufacturing through variance analysis, cost structure analysis, period reporting, and planning.
- Participate as a member of the Business Unit leadership team. Identify and drive cost improvement, inventory efficiency, and control initiatives.
- Manage accounting control and financial reporting for Business Unit. Coordinate and supervise physical inventory counts at the BU as needed.
- Provide transparent and timely reporting of site operating results.
- Support the strategic planning, documenting operating plan assumptions, and tracking of forecasted performance throughout the fiscal year.
- Develop standard costs and new product cost estimates for all items manufactured.
- Perform various analysis projects related to product profitability, material usage, and other operational costs.
- Drive site accountability and responsibility by tracking action plans for key initiatives and address root cause issues to drive sustainable operating improvements.
- Demonstrate a Customer Focus in actions, words, and spirit.
Analysis of manufacturing costs and variances
- Provide financial assistance to manufacturing plants and operations managers in understanding costs and troubleshooting accounting related transactions
- Recommend and implement procedures and processes required to drive operating efficiencies.
- Knowledge of GAAP, advanced Excel and Enterprise Resource Planning experience
- General business knowledge and budgeting and financial control knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines under time constraints
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of organization
- Ability to Influence without authority
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and good interpersonal skills are critical for this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related financial field. Advanced degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated Financial Accounting experience and background
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Cost Accounting with the majority being in a manufacturing environment.