Project Manager - Commercial Construction - Kensington Glass Arts (closed)
Project Manager – Commercial Construction - KGa
Kensington Glass Arts (KGa) specializes in high-end interior commercial contract glazing work, typically for law firms and organizations with very upscale office interiors. Our annual revenues exceed $14M and we are well positioned to grow profitably. We are simply the best in the business for large and difficult jobs. Unique in our industry, we fabricate 80% of what we install - none of our installation competition fabricates their own glass and none of our fabrication competition installs their own work.
Our Project Management teams each manage approximately 2.5 million in project dollars at any given time. This typically means that you are managing 10 - 15 jobs in various stages. As we focus on our future, we are gaining market share in larger projects and will rely on you to manage that trend to bigger projects. As one of our Project Managers you will provide excellent customer satisfaction by properly forecasting our projects and will be a problem preventer as well as a problem solver. You will work hand-in-hand with the Superintendent and other support staff to plan, monitor, and manage the projects. You will also be very involved with managing the activities of your field crews which requires a good knowledge of trade specific concepts, processes and techniques.
As a Project Manager, you will divide your time between managing the schedule, controlling the costs, and communicating with the internal and external customer. Our business is one built on reputation and customer service and we will look to you to continue to forge relationships and keep our clients happy and informed while keeping the projects on time and on budget. We don’t just talk about customer service; we actually have our clients fill out a customer survey for each and every project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute projects. You will assume responsibility for new projects from submittal stage through completion, including oversight of shop drawings, other submittals, and project closeout.
- Build an efficient, high functioning team. Ensure that your team adheres to established schedules, quality standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Consistently and professionally communicate with client representatives, vendors, subcontractors, and internal customers.
- Review assigned projects to establish critical path milestones, action plans, and schedules.
- Confirm the accuracy of and the scope of new work.
- Project and track assets, including materials, labor, and other resources; initiate corrective actions as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Communicate with Shop Foreman to project upcoming work and in-house fabrication and job material requirements. Project managers are responsible for keeping shop personnel advised of project schedules and project related material needs.
- Work with the accounting department on your projects’ monthly billings.
- Monitor the field staff and manage hiring and performance concerns.
Essential Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years as a Project Manager in an interior glazing environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be extremely organized and exhibit a high degree of attention to detail.
- Some college preferred.
- Project Management Guru - You carefully plan important milestones and goals to keep projects on schedule and on budget, no matter how complex the project. You understand that some activities are dependent upon the completion of another, and you work with team members to accomplish the goal.
- Collaborative work-style – You will be working with a variety of staff, vendors, and clients to accomplish project requirements. This requires a flexible style that both compliments the efforts and supports the needs of others.
- Supreme relationship builder – You have a proven track record for getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships. You promote accountability and foster trust.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Our philosophy is simple: KGa is a progressive, forward thinking organization; we have exceptional standards, unique products, and are committed to our core values.
- We’re financially strong and things are already working well. KGa has a mature infrastructure, a professional management team, and solid internal processes – we’re built to grow -- while maintaining our collegial and professional company culture embodied in our core values.
- The president is easy to work with and knows this business, but does not meddle or micromanage. You will be given a high degree of flexibility and autonomy in reaching your established goals.
- We know what we are doing and trust that you do, too. We have a strong, dedicated, senior management team with extensive industry experience. There is a leadership team you can count on to be effective partners.
- We’re entrepreneurial. You can be a full participant in the leadership of a growing company.
You are welcome to apply online or email a Word version of your resume to Aileen Hedden at firstname.lastname@example.org with “KGa – Project Manager / 2013-1717” as the subject of the email.
We welcome candidates from backgrounds including (but not limited to): Commercial construction, interior glazing