Sr. Software Engineer
Position: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Melville, NY
The Software Engineer will be a part of the Camio product team and will be responsible for implementing and testing new features, finding and fixing software bugs, and working with customers to resolve issues.
Responsibilities will include the following:
You will participate in developing a flexible, enterprise wide distributed graphics asset management system and news production automation application.
- Contribute and assist in the project software development cycle (Agile/Scrum)
- Diagnose and repair software issues that arise
- Compose and maintain documentation for new and existing application features
- Assist Customer Support to troubleshoot and resolve client problems that arise
- Collaborate with customers to devise and implement creative solutions based on their desired workflow
- Create test cases for new features to assist QA
- Some travel if required
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
Candidates must have a strong background in object-oriented and multi-threaded programming and architecture and must thrive in an open, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Strong coding and design/architecture skills in Object-Oriented Programming using C#, C++, and Java
Experience with .NET, SQL and SQL server, ActiveX, Win32 API, COM, TCP/IP, HTTP, and XML are essential. Experience with Java Swing and Eclipse is also desirable.
A minimum of 3 years of development experience in multithreaded applications on the Windows Platform.
Have a proven track record developing commercial products in an agile development environment (SCRUM/TFS).
Excellent communication and problem solving skills. Must be a self starter.
Integration of legacy products/code with new features and capabilities based on current technologies.
Collaborating with Product Management and SQA to preserve the integrity of the product