HR MANAGER (closed)
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to work for a long established, very successful and growing specialist recruitment company based in Westcliff on Sea, Essex. This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR professional to create structure within a growing, thriving company. Experience within HR in the recruitment and/or health and social care sector would be an advantage but is not essential. Excellent salary dependant upon skills and level of experience.
As HR Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Human Resources department within this growing organisation and provide Human Resources support to all areas of the company.
This will include:
- Management of Human Resources Department
- General HR
- Health & Safety
- Agency Worker Investigation & Grievances
- General & Other duties
Full list of responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the daily running of the HR department.
- Organising and co-ordinating the recruitment and selection of new staff
- Issuing and drafting offer letters, contracts and job descriptions
- Design and delivery of Company induction
- Responsible for the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Researching employment law updates and amending relevant documentation when required.
- Contacting legal helpline for advice when required and documenting all calls.
- Reviewing and implementing policies and procedures for the company
- Monitoring sickness and annual leave for office staff on a daily basis
- Keeping office staff files up to date
- Advising management of new and existing employment law legislation
- Co-ordination of training and development activities for office staff
- Maintaining ISO 9001 (2000) and main contact for external consultant
- Responsible for Employee relation issues
- Responsible for TUPE transfers as and when required.
- Provide support to Line Managers on HR issues - mentoring managers to better manage staff
- Carrying out compliance checks such as audits and verifying documentation.
- Implement and monitor KPI's
- Oversee budget for Training / HR Department
- Carry out disciplinary and grievance meetings
- Monitoring of annual leave and sickness
- Oversee and Manage Health & Safety for the company, acting as the Health & Safety Officer and delegating a number of the tasks to the HR Officer.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- To be successfully appointed in this post, you will need to be able to self-manage, to put in place strategic HR processes and to move the department forward as the company grows and work closely with management.
- CIPD would be advantageous but is not essential
- Experience of leading or management of staff or teams is essential.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Able to converse clearly both over the phone and in person.
- Computer literacy, preferable competent at using Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Experience of working within the Recruitment Industry or Care Sector is desirable.
To register your interest, please apply online NOW or call Katie Hickey or Kim Baker at ENS for further information and a confidential discussion.