We are in search of CNC Machine Programmers to program our (CNC) machines to cut and shape precision Valve and Fitting Products, and machine parts.
- Must be proficient in G code programming for CNC machines and machining tools such as lathes and milling machines. Will be required use their knowledge of the working properties of metals and their skill with CNC programming to carry out the operations needed to make machined products that meet precise specifications.
- Candidate will be required to program CNC machine centers using automated manufacturing (CAM) programs and will check the programs to ensure that the machinery will function properly and that the output will meet specifications. Computer simulations may be used to check the program before a trial run.
- Must be proficient in using connectivity between CAD/CAM software and CNC machine tools to raise productivity to translate 3D solid models into instructions for the computer controller on the machine tool.
- During the test run of a new program the CNC programmer closely monitors the machine for signs of problems and makes appropriate adjustments or corrections.
Working around machine tools can be noisy and presents certain dangers, and workers must follow safety precautions. Wears protective equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses and earplugs to dampen machinery noise. May need to lift moderately heavy workpieces.
Programmers work on desktop computers in offices that typically are near, but separate from, the shop floor. These work areas usually are clean, well lit, and free of machine noise. Programmers need to enter the shop floor to monitor CNC machining operations.
May be required to work evenings and weekend shifts. Overtime is common during peak production periods.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent training in a trade.
- Interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Experience with Setup of Horizontal or Vertical Machining Centers with multi pallets.
- 3, 4 and 4 1/2 axis programming experience. GibbsCAM and other cad/cam software experience preferred.
- “G" codes and custom macro “B" programming experience needed.
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Must be a self starter and work independently.
Please send updated resume to: Jacqueline@ststaff.com