Outbound Sales Representative I (closed)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
As a valued Team Member, we offer: Paid training, tuition reimbursement, vacation and holiday pay, benefit plans after one month of employment, 401K and professional career development in a relaxed environment.
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 1:30 – 10:00 pm
This description applies to three levels (Job Codes 4518, 4519, 4520.) Level assignment is based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to: scope and complexity of responsibility, experience, and responsibility.
Outbound Sales Representative
Engages selected Bank of the West (BOW) customers through needs based/consultative selling in a contact center environment. outbound Representatives reach customers through outbound calling on strategically created leads lists. Their purpose is to educate our customers on Bank of the West’s products and services which enhance their current financial situation. Through needs based questions, Outbound Representatives determine and suggest products and services that best fit the customer’s needs, resulting in cross-selling effectiveness.
Essential Job Functions
1. Sell BOW products and services to existing customers via outbound phone calls and other applicable methods
2. Effectively describe features and benefits of BOW products and services so customers realize how their financial goals can be met
3. Build and maintain customer relationships
4. Overcome customer stalls and objections with professional persistence
5. Listen to what customers say in order to appropriately customize conversations
6. Coordinate as needed with co-workers and other areas within BOW
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Years of functional/professional experience:
• Level I - 3-6 months of prior customer service experience in a call center environment.
• Level II – at least 7 months of prior customer service experience in a call center environment.
• Level III – at least 1 year of prior customer service experience in a call center environment.
• Years of supervisory or managerial experience 0
• Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description) Will consider applicants who possess traits indicative of a high propensity to succeed in a sales role, in lieu of experience.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Understands and adheres to all training and bank policy, laws and regulations applicable to role.
• Effectively use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, courteously and provide the customer with accurate information
• Achieve phone productivity goals while helping contact center to meet service level agreements (SLAs) (answer inbound calls as needed)
• Be receptive to and incorporate coaching feedback to improve overall sales effectiveness
• Actively participate in personal and team development
• Suggest improvements and changes to processes and policies to enhance productivity, associate engagement and customer experience
• Confident, energetic, friendly and self-motivated individual who thrives on success and loves being on the phone
• Proven negotiation skills
• Prior outbound phone sales of banking products and services preferred
• Ability to multi-task (listening to customers, typing and analyzing information)
• Ability to learn and apply skills quickly