Consulting Petrographer (closed)
We are looking for an experienced petrographer.
The key descriptors are as follows:
- Capable of working directly with core and rock data and can integrate such data into models that address issues such as depositional models, facies analysis, mechanical stratigraphy, and reservoir quality. Stratigraphic projects will require the integration of a wide variety of data into sequence, lithologic, seismic, reservoir quality and/or mechanical stratigraphic models.
- Can generate and interpret rock datasets for integration into models created from ongoing petrographic, geochemical, stratigraphic, petrophysical and mechanical properties studies and can maintain close interaction with principals of those studies.
- Experience specializing in Carbonate and Mudrock Petrography, Sedimentology, and associated petrographic and petrophysical laboratory data and methods.
- Scope of projects includes individual wells studies, field-scale reservoir characterization and simulation, and regional multi-disciplinary studies.
- Design, coordinate, and manage projects.
- Capable of interpreting thin section, XRD and SEM data
- Experience in interpreting depositional processes in a variety of siliciclastic and carbonate depositional settings
- Experience in conventional and unconventional petroleum systems.
- Experience in conducting basin-scale studies in variety of tectonic regimes
- Geographic experience including North American Basins
- Experience in sandstone, carbonate and mudrock stratigraphic systems
- Work closely with corporate team members to provide integrated stratigraphic studies. Team members may include exploration or exploitation geoscientists and engineers, in addition to corporate specialists.
- Able to communicate effectively with teams and management
- Able to generate written reports summarizing conclusions and recommendations
- Must be able to complete work and submit final reports in a timely and contractually agreeable manner
- Presentation and documentation of project results as required.
- MS in Geology, PhD preferred
- Minimum of 15 years experience, with experience in service and advisory roles preferred