Seeking Dental Hygienists to work on an as needed basis for large dental provider in several locations in Tampa Bay,Pinellas and surrounding areas.
- Assess patients’ teeth, bone, and periodontal tissues indicating the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or conditions.
- Co-diagnose with the dentist to develop appropriate periodontal treatment plans.
- Bring to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected lesion in the mouth or on the teeth.
- Thoroughly remove soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stain from teeth, using hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts and prophy handpieces.
- Instruct patients how to practice good oral hygiene; make recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patients’ home care; and provide other health care education, as necessary.
- Perform prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or gingivitis.
- Perform full mouth debridement, either as a first stage gingivitis therapy or to remove interfering calculus to further enable a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Perform root planning as a periodontal therapy.
- Place locally-administered antibiotics as supportive periodontal therapy.
- Implement irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Expose, develop and mount dental x-rays (intraoral and extraoral).
- Apply cavity-preventive agents, such as fluorides and pit and fissure sealants.
- Make recommendations as to patients’ recare interval and follow-up needs.
- Dental hygienists must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Florida
- Dental hygienists must be willing to partner with the dentist, work well as part of the total dental team and should have good eye sight and manual dexterity, because they use dental instruments within a patient’s mouth, with little room for error
- MUST have at least 1 year recent experience as a hygienist.
MUST be able to pass national criminal background check and drug screen!