SAN EMC Administrator
Report this Job as Spam
Job Title: SAN EMC Administrator
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Duration: 1+ Year contract
- Act as a Level-1 / Level-2 storage administrator in both the EMC SAN and Network Appliance NAS Storage Environments.
- Provide thought leadership and contribute to the development of storage/ILM based solutions and deliverables in areas such as, SRM software, framework integration, storage area networks, data classification, business continuance.
- Architect framework integration so that different management platforms can share information.
- Participate in the SAN and NAS Team on-call rotation.
- Assist in business development opportunities and work aggressively to grow the SM practice and its role as a thought leader in ILM.
- Approximately 3-6+ years of professional experience in Storage and Information Management (Software/Hardware) from major industry vendors primarily EMC and Network Appliance.
- 3-6 years of experience of architecting and managing Enterprise SAN and NAS environments.
- Experience and ability to manage large projects, working in fast paced corporate environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills and NOT require sponsorship.
- Experience with EMC distributed server platform software: PowerPath, SRDF, Timefinder, SYMCLI, and EMC Control Center V5.2.
- Experience with EMC SAN hardware (Symmetrix, Centera, and Connectrix) and software products;
- Experience with the major Network Appliance hardware platforms including FAS900 series, FAS200 series, and R200 series.
- Experience with the following Network Appliance software technologies: DataOntap 7.x, SnapMirror, Open Systems Snap Vault, Metro-Cluster, and Multi-Store.
- Working knowledge of applicable protocols such as CIFS, NFS, FCP, and iSCSI.
- Demonstrated experience with large corporate data migrations including both like and dissimilar platforms.
- Storage capacity and performance management and reporting, network bandwidth for data replication sizing.
- Practical experience with Disaster Recovery/Business Resumption planning and configuration using EMC hardware and software offerings.
- EMC PowerPath installation, monitoring and management on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- UNIX shell scripting - Perl scripting - Windows scripting.
- Working knowledge (System Administrator Level ) of Unix (primarily AIX), Windows, and LINUX.
- EMC Data replication technology experience, e.g. EMC SRDF and Timefinder.
- EMC Control Center (ECC) V5.2x (or higher) planning, installation, and customization.
- EMC Symmetrix device configuration and management (LUN Masking, SYMCLI, etc.) in a multiple site SRDF environment.
- EMC SAN (McData/Brocade/Cisco) design, planning, configuration and management.