Software Developer (closed)
Thank you for taking the time to review this opportunity. If this isn't the right fit for you, please feel free to pass this information along to your network. Just let me know when you refer someone to me. You will receive $500 for each referral we place into this position.
Brooksource is looking for a Software Developer for a permanent, full time position with one of our clients in Duluth, GA. Our client is in need of an individual experienced in Java/Web development to program, develop, and support Java Web applications. This individual will work with an existing team to define underling architecture for new and existing products, as well as lead the technical implementation of initial product releases.
This Software Developer role focuses on implementing activities such as evaluating and acquiring, researching, designing, constructing, unit testing, and supporting software solutions based on business requirements in a variety of design/coding/testing environments. This individual consults on the use and deployment of software products and applications and understands the business environment.
- Developing and documenting product/solution architecture based on customer requirements written from business requirement document and/or business requirement specifications.
- Converting requirements to functional requirements to develop software code that is accessible, usable, efficient, re-usable, cost effective, maintainable, reliable and installable.
- Designing, modeling and documenting program/code for an integrated software product or system that supports re-use, change and integration of various components.
- Constructing software; that meets requirements, promotes re-use, is testable and facilitates ease of support.
- Conducting unit tests, tracking problems, and implementing changes to ensure adherence to test plans and functional requirements.
- Diagnosing, isolating, and implementing remedies for system failures caused by software code, using knowledge of the system characteristics and utilizing system maintenance and tracking tools.
- Provide input and technical content for system and solution documentation.
- Minimum 4 years Java and HTML experience is required
- Minimum 2 years JSP and SQL
- Wicket, Flex, Hibernate, SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, RAD6/7, and Eclipse experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Unix commands
- Experience in managing projects through the entire life cycle
- Excellent communication skills