Brand Manager (closed)
Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women’s Healthcare. As a specialty Pharmaceuticals Company, we at Bayer HealthCare focus our efforts where we can have the most impact. Our Diabetes Care division is one of the largest self-test diagnostic businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to ensuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals well all hold dear.
The incumbent will:
- Develop and implement annual New Product Marketing Plans including situation analysis, objectives, strategies, tactics, and pricing recommendations.
- Identify New Product opportunities for existing and new BGM products, including the sizing and scoping of new white space of newly developed markets that have little of no products marketed in them
- Identify the right existing product opportunities and partnerships for a private label strategy and launch. In addition understand the competitive sets as it pertains to patient expiration to identify private label opportunities for product not in the current Bayer portfolio.
- Interface with marketing services and sales departments to support the development of new product plans as appropriate to achieve objectives.
- Maintain regular communication and personal contact with customers, field sales personnel, advertising agencies, PR agencies, professional organizations and other vendors to keep abreast of market trends and evaluate the effectiveness of Diabetes Care marketing activities.
- Propose opportunities for line extensions and ancillary products for the various diabetes market segments.
- Utilize intimate knowledge of market trends to develop and recommend pricing, packaging design and product improvements for new products within the BGM space. This includes close liaison with the Diabetes Business Unit staff, as well as reviewing literature for assigned products and keeping informed on competitive programs and their effectiveness.
- Provide domestic market input for Strategic Business Plans and Product Development proposals as requested by Diabetes Business Unit.
- Develop and recommend Promotional programs for product launch and report the impact and corrective action on financial budgets or forecasts.
- Identify and implement needed market research studies to better evaluate new product needs, sales potential, market segments and achievement of marketing objectives.
- Prepare sales forecasts, manufacturing forecasts, and product expense budgets for inline products/systems.
- Prepare and present strong oral and written arguments to again alignment, across multiple levels across the organization, securing the right resources and support for the new BGM and Private Label plans
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 5+ years of experience in marketing and product management or new product development.
- High degree of verbal and written competence along with flexibility and good judgment.
- Creativity in developing marketing plans and strategies that enhance market share and profitability.
- Proven performer in effectively handling a large work volume, coping with numerous and constantly changing demands with limited time.
- Knowledge of the Diabetes Care market is essential. Ability to recognize marketing problems and opportunities initiate plans to correct or improve the situation and make any corrections necessary to implement the plan. High degree of sensitivity so as to maintain close contact with healthcare professionals and people with diabetes to determine those areas where new clinical diagnostic products and product improvements are required.
- Due to the nature of certain marketing problems, the incumbent
- Must be able to take "risks" which are part of decision making.
- Candidate must have sound working knowledge of all principal areas of marketing, particularly marketing planning/evaluation, the role of field selling and advertising and sales promotional activities.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Previous Diabetes Care/Healthcare experience
We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
To apply please follow the link below.